If you’re in search of an easy and quick method to develop a site, this article will teach you how to make your website in under an hour. Forget about everything you may have heard in the past, such as the need to learn HTML or employ a web designer to get your website up and running . That’s just not the case.
It’s true that you can set up a website within less than an hour with the help of free services on the Internet like WordPress. Set up a WordPress website is simple as1-2-3.
Step One: Choosing an appropriate domain name
The first step is to get a good domain name. It is possible to register your domain name through “Name Cheap’ very inexpensively. But before you do consider it, you should take time to take a deep look at your domain name as there are a lot of factors that need to be taken into consideration.
- Domain names should be a reflection of your website and tell the world what your site is all about.
- Your domain name should include the most relevant keywords for your site phrase to improve indexing by search engines.
- Your domain name should be easily remembered.
- Your domain name should contain letters in order to avoid any confusion.
- Your domain name shouldn’t include abbreviations , to avoid any confusion.
A well-chosen domain name can be easily remembered and even be recognized by visitors who are looking for it and contains your most relevant key phrase.
Step Two: Selecting the best Web Host
The next step is to select a reliable web hosting provider. There are numerous free hosting services on the Internet, if you’re designing a website for business purposes do not make your website available to the help of a free hosting service.
In order to establish credibility to build trust, you need put money into your domain and professional hosting. Websites that are hosted on free servers aren’t considered serious and could suffer a significant loss of revenue.
Here are some basic features to look out for in deciding on a web hosting provider:
- 24/7 reliable tech support
- Your domain name is your own
- Based upon the dimensions of your website, a minimum of 50MB of server space is required with the option of upgrading later if needed
- Unlimited true POP email accounts
- Unlimited email aliases
- Email forwarding
- Unlimited autoresponders
- Your own, unrestricted CGI-Bin
- Access to SSL Secure Transactions with encryption
- Access to a shopping cart
- MySQL Database
- Protection of the password for Htaccess
- Server Side Includes (SSI) Support
- Create (and Upload to) your site using HTML kissanime editing software
- Microsoft FrontPage Server Extensions for those who use FrontPage
- Unlimited free access to your server via FTP
- Access to your website indefinitely through the internet control panel
- Access to your log documents
- Statistics on visits to your website
- No hidden fees
There are a lot of good web hosts available on the Internet that are affordable priced. Conduct some research to find one that is able to meet your requirements.
Step Three: Create a Website
After you get the domain and web host, the next step is to build your website. Go to WordPress org’s WordPress org site to download the software. It’s not going to cost you a penny and will provide you with a professional site in just a few minutes.
Next, install the software and then connect to the server. They provide great directions, so you shouldn’t encounter any issues. However, if you would preferto host your website with some of WordPress host recommendations, as they provide a one click installation option.
After the software has been installed, log in to your administrator by entering your domain’s name, followed by /wp_admin. Then, you can select an ‘Theme’ that is the layout of your website, by clicking on the link ‘Appearance’ within the left menu.
Finally, click the ‘Posts’ tab and then ‘Add New’ to make your first blog post. Fill in your information using your text editor, and format according to your preferences. Click on the “Preview” option on the right side to preview how your content will appear. When you’re ready to add it to your website then click ‘Publish.’